Month: January 2021

‘We’ll Never Make That Kind of Movie Again’ An Oral History of The Emperor’s New Groove, a Raucous Disney Animated Film That Almost Never Happened

I found myself pulled into this particular article because I grew up watching The Emporer’s New Groove as a child. It was one of my favorite movies of all time. I personally never occupied myself thinking about what kind of work went into making the film and what struggles they may have faced. So when…
Read more

Article From the Wild: The Five W’s

From Forbes: “Why One Of Japan’s Largest Organized Crime Groups Is Looking For Legitimate Work” by Jake Adelstein The article begins with a What: the meaning of the word “yakuza” and their relationship with Japanese society.  It then follows up with a Who: the specific crime family the article is concerned with and their attempt…
Read more

Archaeologists Unearth Egyptian Queen’s Tomb and Other Priceless artifacts

This article by the Smithsonian Magazine caught my attention when I was looking through news about general archaeology. The opening of the article immediately establishes the who, where, and the what. This article largely focuses on the what aspect of the find, and it covers the dig in depth. They also discuss the how of…
Read more

British Officials Say New COVID Variant Discovered In UK May Be 30% More Lethal

Since the beginning of the pandemic, articles about COVID 19 has piqued my interest. This particular article discusses the possibility of the new variant of COVID being more deadly than the pre-existing strands. The article starts by introducing who claimed the newest strand of COVID could be 30% more deadly. Stating that “British Prime Minister…
Read more

Cave Painting May Be Human’s Oldest Art

An article published by the New York Times that caught my eye was “Pig Painting May Be World’s Oldest Cave Art Yet, Archaeologists Say.” What instantly caught my eye was the headline, which was the discovery of the oldest cave art. This headline is essentially the “what” of the five W’s and the first to…
Read more

Kentucky Men’s Basketball takes a Knee during National Anthem

An article published by The New York Times sports article that caught my eye was ”Kentucky’s Basketball Team Took a Knee”  and what instantly caught my eye was the headline, which was the wildcats deciding to take a knee during the anthem. The headline of the article clearly states the ”What” of the five W’s…
Read more

How To Post

You can’t be a good journalist without reading a lot of news. Here, we’ll share the news of the week that’s caught our eye, and how professional journalists are using the techniques we’re discussing in class. Go to Posts -> Add new. Add a title you’ve composed, using AP style. In the body text box,…
Read more

Foreshadowing Your Work

This is where you’ll be posting the articles you write for your finals.