Month: February 2021

Blogpost #6: Really Good Question From PC Gamer John Henry Thompson Interview

Since there weren’t any interviews with a complete transcript that I could find easily, and most of the recent articles in my feeds just reported what the source said without including what the journalist asked, I settled for a video interview, “Software pioneer John Henry Thompson takes us back to the ’90s” by Wes Fenlon…
Read more

Seattle Storm Post Finals Interviews

I found a really good press conference on YouTube and the headline of the video is called ”2020 WNBA Champions Sue Bird and Seattle Storm Post Finals interviews’‘. This isn’t an article but it’s an interview of reporters asking the coaches and players questions about them winning the Championship, past season, injuries and, social injustice…
Read more

Post #6 – Kodak Black Walks Out of Interview

The interview I chose took place between a radio station, HOT 97, and rapper Kodak Black. The video was published to the station’s Youtube account in 2018. I chose this interview because I still remember, two years later, how unprofessional the interviewer, “Ebro”, conducted himself throughout. Examples can be found within the first 30 seconds…
Read more

British singer FKA Twigs alleges abuse by Shia LaBeouf in first TV interview since filing lawsuit

Scrolling through the news, unaware of the assignment due at the time, I watched an interview by Gayle King, who was speaking to singer FKA Twigs. This interview was a very heavy subject and detailed the abuse she endured in her relationship with actor Shia LaBeouf. What struck me was the invasive and victim-blaming questions…
Read more

Gwyneth Paltrow Is Selling Vibrators

I was intrigued to find an article like this published by a New York Times reporter. Often, a headline like this is something I see in gossip columns and random small news articles spread across the internet. Therefore this intrigued me to read the article. One question that stood out to me during this Q&A-styled…
Read more

Blog Post 5 – French workers can now eat lunch at their desks without breaking the law

The article I chose was from CNN titled,” French workers can now eat lunch at their desks without breaking the law,” which was of instant interest to me. The title first drew me in as I was scrolling through my daily news this weekend, and my curiosity was caught. Unbeknownst to me, in France, it…
Read more

Blog Post # 5 Interesting Story Structure

I’m sharing this story as an Interesting story structure but, not really a good one. I found this article called ” Judas and the Black Messiah is one piece in a larger civil-rights puzzle” and it’s published on CNN news. First, the title pretty much covers the whole story of the article as I was…
Read more

Zuckerberg Responds to Apple’s Privacy Policies: “We Need to Inflict Pain”

I chose this article on Mark Zuckerberg’s response to Apple’s Privacy policies because of the headline they had chosen. I found the quote’s inclusion in the headline “We need to inflict pain” to be a very intense and somewhat threatening way to present an article. Therefore, I want to read the rest of the article…
Read more

Blog Post #5, Interesting Story Structure In “Pentagon Admits Testing Wreckage From UFO”

I’m sharing this as an interesting story structure, not necessarily a good one.  I found the Daily Mail article “Pentagon ADMITS that it has been testing wreckage from UFO crashes – including a possible ‘memory metal’ that experts claim may have been recovered during the 1947 Roswell crash” being shared on Twitter as a joke: the…
Read more

Blog Post 4 – Archaeologists in Egypt uncover 2,000-year-old mummy with gold tongue

The article I chose this week was “Archaeologists in Egypt uncover 2,000-year-old mummy with gold tongue” by Brie Stimson for Fox News. This article is about a recent discovery from outside of Alexandria of a mummy found to have a “prosthetic” gold tongue. It is speculated that this was due to a religious belief that…
Read more