What to Expect From the Dramatic Mars Perseverance Landing

When I think of somewhere you can find a beat; my mind almost immediately goes to Space. From a young age, I have always been interested in space and read a lot of articles. Therefore there are familiar names that I occasionally see in the news that have written articles about Space. I assume this is because of the knowledge that is required to write about this subject properly. My example of a journalist having a beat is the article “What to Expect From the Dramatic Mars Perseverance Landing,” written by Eric Berger. In his article about the Rover’s landing, it is obvious that he has been in the field of writing about Space for a while in the way that he discusses the landing. After looking further into his previous articles, almost everyone is on the subject of our universe. The other example that I found of his work was an article released the day after the first one I mentioned called “NASA Releases “Exhilarating” Image of the Mars Rover Just Above the Planet” In this article, he continues to discuss the topic of the previous article. Serving as a closure to the Mars Rover topic that landed on Mars in February. From what I could tell, it looked like he got most of his information directly from NASA for both articles, although there weren’t very many direct quotes.

You can reference the articles below.

“What to Expect From the Dramatic Mars Perseverance Landing”

“Nasa Releases “Exhilarating” Image of Mars Rover Just Above the Planet”

One Response

1. Chatham Moser says:

I love this example of Space as this type of beat, I personally hadn’t even thought of this but it is such a great example! I especially liked how the second article concluded what the first has left unanswered. Thanks for the interesting read!